Friday 7 October 2011

YES Abroad Program Applications - Now

Guess what??

Applications for the Kennedy -Lugar YES Abroad program 2012-2013 are out. It's a scholarship program sponsered by the US State Department to live and study in 1 of 11 country choices that have large Muslim populations including:

  • Bosnia & Herzegovina - It's new and sounds pretty awesome. I've never heard of any exchange program there.
  • Turkey
  • Ghana
  • Mali
  • Oman
  • Thailand
  • Malaysia
  • India
  • Morocco
  • Egypt
  • and the favorite country of yours truly - INDONESIA!!
All the scholarships are year long except for Mali which is a semester. As long as you're a US high school student between 15-18 you can apply. 
If you want to have a great time and live it up in an awesome country then def apply. I applied this time a year ago and now I'm actually here in Indonesia living life. Crazy.  I kind of still freak out about it. Like wow I'm 16 and I live here with a great family and it's just like being at home in America except I'm in Indonesia and I only understand 50% of everything and everyone comes from a totally different culture than me. Trippy. 
But even weirder are the moments when I forget and am just living it.

So that's my plug. Check out other exchange blogs for info on what it's like in other countries. And here is the official website. Linked it up for you. How generous, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment